Winter is just around the corner, and in some parts of the country, it feels like it’s already here. That means that the weather is changing, your wardrobe is too, and you’re ready for a new look to go with it. This month, we’re sharing some of our favorite “can’t miss” winter hairstyles. Because while it might be getting a bit colder, it’s always a good idea to get a bit bolder!
The lower temperatures might find you wearing a lot of warm hats. So, something like a high ponytail is definitely going to be tucked away, hidden from view, and completely unappreciated. Below are a few fast and easy hairstyles for longer locks that are sure to look great poking out from under a winter hat.
- Tendrils – If you don’t have time to blow dry your hair, that doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice on style. Try wearing the majority of your hair up, but pulling out a few strands to leave down and out. It’s the low maintenance choice that gives your hair just enough pop to make things interesting.
- Loose Double Buns – Winter in most parts of the country means you’re wearing some bulkier clothes like boots, jackets, and scarves. Try going a bit playful with a set of loose double buns, tying them low enough at the nape of your neck to accommodate a winter hat. The double buns compliment those bulkier clothing items in a way that feels sharp and intentional.
- A Single Braided Pigtail – You don’t have to be Elsa from “Frozen” to pull this one off. In fact, everyone can enjoy this laidback look that’s seemingly made for winter. Try making a substantial pigtail, then wearing it out front and draped over your shoulder. This is a rock-solid option that’s always right there at your fingertips when you need it the most.
Winter Hair Accessories
The winter months are a really fun time to cycle in a ton of new accessories. Try a few of these winter fashion statements—fun for any length of locks—that can really take your hair to the next level.
- A Flannel Hair Scarf – You can always wear a larger scarf for warmth. But have you ever considered a thinner one for style? Try tying a flannel hair scarf around the circumference of your head (for shorter ’dos) or around a ponytail to make use of this toasty winter fabric.
- A Knit Turban – If you’re heading out into the elements on a chilly day, but still want to go for an on-trend look, throw on a knit turban. This cozy, winter piece is sure to keep your head warm and your hair looking its best.
- Holiday Hair Clips – Everyone loves a solid hair clip, and if you’re headed to a holiday party later this year, there’s still plenty of time to order something festive. Check out this seasonal hair clip from Etsy. There’s a bit of holly, a bit of mistletoe, and it captures that holiday energy without being over-the-top.
- A Fuzzy Bucket Hat – Are hats technically hair accessories? We’ll count it, because they’re a huge part of your aesthetic. Reach for a winter bucket hat, like the one you see here. You’ll stay warm, compliment those heavier winter coats, and as always, make a statement.
By the time winter rolls around, most people are focused on covering up to stay warm. But you can still try out a few of these clever and creative looks that really showcase your beautiful locks. Try out some tendrils, a loose double bun, or a few winter accessories. Because there’s no such thing as the off-season when it comes to fashion.