Thanksgiving is next week—the official start of the holiday season! Pretty soon your calendar will fill up with holiday parties…with family, friends, and co-workers. This is a busy time of year and, while you want to look your absolute best, sometimes you just don’t have hours to spend getting your ‘do into tip-top party shape. Fear not! Below are some quick and easy tips to transform your daytime office hair into a festive showstopper:
- Probably the easiest way to make a statement with your evening ‘do is simply to change it up a bit. Humans are creatures of habit, and anything slightly outside the norm can make a huge impact. Do you tend to wear your hair straight and loose during the day? Throw it into a quick braid or add some bouncy curls, and you’ll have them “oo”ing and “ah”ing all night long! Or vice versa—is your natural look curly or full of waves? Straighten it into glossy perfection, and you’ll be sure to turn heads. If you need some tips on styling heat-friendly wigs, check out this article.
- If you have medium to long hair, a half up/half down look is a simple but elegant way to gear up for the night’s festivities. Let your hair flow loose during the day, then after work, pull half of it back with a fashionable barrette. Or take strips from each side and braid them, fastening them together at the back of your head. You may even want to consider adding voluminous curls first, to get that movie star, red carpet look. Try it out on one of Envy’s long, luscious styles: Celeste, Madison, Roxie, or Brittaney, to name just a few.
- If you tend to wear your hair down around the office, consider a quick up-do for your office party. Slick your wig back into a tight, low ponytail, wrapping a thin lock of hair around the base to disguise the hair band. Or try a bun—high and messy with curled tendrils escaping around your face, or low and to the side for some added drama. Our Lace Front and Lace Front Mono Top collections are perfect for styling hair off the face, without revealing a thing.
- For ladies rocking short ‘dos, try slicking it back with some gel for the evening. If you’re wearing a wig, just make sure the products you’re using are wig-friendly! Then add a jeweled bobby pin or tuck a small flower behind your ear. Get the look with Miley, Angel, Cassandra, or Tina by Envy.
- Deep side parts are in, ladies! And they are fabulous for dressing up your daytime ‘do. Try one of Envy’s Hand Tied styles—the lace front construction, with hand-tied sides and back, create the illusion of natural hair growth wherever the hair is parted, giving you the most flexibility in styling your day-to-night look.
- Finally…add bling! Barrettes, tastefully jeweled headbands, even simple, shiny bobby pins can give a hairstyle that added oomph to get you into a celebratory mood. For short styles or long styles, curly or straight…sparkle is the new black!
And most important of all…have fun! We take a lot of pride in the quality and versatility of our products. We are positive that, no matter which style you choose, you’ll look fabulous in an Envy wig. But absolutely nothing compares with the beauty of a woman’s confident, radiant smile! Here’s wishing you the most joyful of holiday seasons!